Crow's Nest

Sunday, April 23, 2006


PEZBOT: As everyone's Robot this week has been so creative, and fun to see. I tried to do something different from my usual pieces. My original idea was to build a robot, which I did from an Altoid tin for the body. I used 2 Pez dispensers which I broke apart and used the insides for arms and outside for legs. I even used the springs for the insides. The embellishments are buttons, washers, grommets, and misc. found objects. I sprayed the base bot with chrome paint. He didn't quite meet my expectations and of course I couldn't scan. So I'm submitting my drawing of him instead.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pickledog said...

Tasty little bot.

2:47 PM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

I like the slinky type guys in there.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Hey, this is cute and well thought out. Silly me I saw your previous work before and didn't know it was you. I like it. I've put a new blog here, which is basically the same as Dilettanti on Xanga.

9:20 AM  
Blogger madretz said...

He's so cool! I hope to see the real guy soon, too.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

Did you really make one out of an altoid tin? I saw a show once about a guy who made ham radios in altoid tins.

All of your robots rock.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

different variety of robots! I like the fact that they have their own persnality.*~*

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great concept, wish we could see a photo of your bot!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ian russell said...

yes, I would have liked to see a photo too. still, a great sketch all the same.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random